Annapolis Green's environmental focus is unique in this area. Our mission is to connect, inform, and inspire Annapolis residents, organizations, and businesses to care for the environment, live more responsibly and create a more beautiful, thriving community. We collaborate and partner with environmental organizations, businesses, residents and government agencies on a number of initiatives that make a difference.
Double Your Money, Double Your Impact!
The GreenGive has a dollar-for-dollar match, thanks to an anonymous donor. For every donation of $100 and over, the donor will double the amount up to $10,000 per GreenGive partner.
Annapolis Green is sweetening the pot even more... For every $500 donation, we will engrave your name on a permeable brick that will be installed in our garden walkway at the Annapolis Green House -- a most visible location at the corner of Maryland Avenue and State Circle!
Your donation will make is possible for us to:
- Help area Events & Festivals Go Green
- Increase the number of special events we can influence with our marketing resources, education and innovation, such as:
Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium Recycling at Navy games via Keep America Beautiful's "Game Day Recycling Challenge"
- Increase the number of locally run Clean Regattas, in partnership with Sailors for the Sea
- Provide an alternative to single-use plastic water bottles with the innovative "Naptown Tap"
- Ramp up Keep Annapolis Beautiful signature initiatives in this area including clean-ups, beautification, and litter reduction
Did you know that Annapolis Green:
- Has held monthly Green Drinks Annapolis networking events, "the fun side of eco-awareness, making serious connections," for 11 years with an average attendance of 150 people at 64 sites around Anne Arundel County. Green Drinks has given the environmentally minded a chance to learn something new every month while getting to know one another in a fun informal way that facilitates working together for a common cause: Creating a healthy, beautiful and vibrant Greater Annapolis community.
- Has produced 228 editions of Living Green on WNAV, a weekly, hour-long radio program about the environment
- Started the Responsible Events & Festivals program (the Green REF) with the Annapolis Boat Shows in 2013. Thanks to grants from the BoatUS Foundation and BGE, we provided full-scale recycling capabilities to the shows for the first time in 40 years, an initiative the Boat Shows continue.
- Worked with the Annapolis Rotary to make its iconic annual Crabfeast Zero-Waste for the first time in 70 years in 2015. In 2016, our efforts resulted in composting of 13 tons of food waste from the Crabfeast.
- Was awarded a grant from The Brick Companies for our Golf Responsibly program to create a toolkit for golf tournaments to go Zero Waste!
Our REF branded programs include:
- Red, Right, Recycle… for Clean Water & a Healthy Bay
- Partnering with Sailors for the Sea's Clean Regattas
- Run Responsibly
- Golf Responsibly
- Bay Responsibly (Crabfeasts)
- Became the State’s second Affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, working as "Keep Annapolis Beautiful" when working in litter prevention, waste reduction and beautification.
- Received the Annapolis & Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce’s Green Business Award Winner in 2015.
- Has a 2248-person Twitter following, a 1170-member Facebook group, and a 3200+ email list.
- Produced an electric vehicle showcase on City Dock during Electric Drive Week for the past three years.
- Secured the BEST spot in Downtown Annapolis in 2016 for our "Annapolis Green House," a small community resource center for all things Green, clean and sustainable!
Seeing the power of partnerships over the past 11 years, we strive to partner with, publicize, and celebrate the work of like-minded organizations.
Our Eco-Stations at the Annapolis Rotary Crab Feast and our Annapolis Green House at 92 Maryland Avenue
Recording the GreenGive show for Living Green in Annapolis on WNAV and a happy crowd at Green Drinks Annapolis
With Rep. John Sarbanes at the Rotary Crab Feast, showing off compost, and more happy Green Drinkers
"Do Good, Have Fun" Clean up of Back Creek Nature Park thanks to a grant from Keep America Beautiful
Electric Vehicle Showcase on City Dock educating about clean transportation
top | GreenGive Home
Donations page courtesy of What's Up? Tix